To promote the importance of entrepreneurial thinking, and recognize achievements in business-related studies. The ideal applicant would have a background in business studies, demonstrate an adaptation of business principles, and demonstrate problem solving, critical thinking, and leadership skills.This scholarship is awarded to a student, completing their graduation year of secondary education, and preparing to enter a post-secondary institution.
- Must be registered as a full-time student in a first-year program of a post-secondary school by September following the school year of applications
- Must provide an official document from their academic institution confirming that they are accepted for the following academic year and indicating that a diploma or degree is underway
- Must have sponsorship from an educator that knows the applicant at the same school (secondary school), and a reference letter from him/her
- Must include a motivational letter outlining your reasons for application, your goals, and relevant background
- Must provide an up-to-date transcript of their academic records.
- Must submit a resume.
$1000 will be awarded to one student in the Miramichi Region (MVHS, JMH, NSER, BHS and Carrefour Beausoleil).
The funding for this scholarship will result from the revenue of Chamber sponsored events and membership fees.
Payment & Presentation:
Presentation of the scholarship is usually awarded at the recipient’s high school graduation ceremony by a Chamber of Commerce Executive Committee member, but for the 2020 graduation year other arrangemtns will be made. Payment will be presented to the recipient once they have received confirmation of enrollment for their second semester of post-secondary education.
Payment for the student will be arranged by the Executive Director of the Chamber of Commerce at the beginning of the recipient’s second semester of post-secondary education.
All applications will come straight to the Chamber of Commerce; the Selection Committee will choose the final recipient. Criteria for selection may include an interview between the applicant and the selection committee.
- Academic achievement
- Financial circumstance
- Field of study/program registered (i.e. students attending business related programs will be given priority consideration)
- Motivational Letter outlining career aspirations
- Awards/declarations/ recognition/ commendations
- Volunteer work/dedication to the community
May 15, 2020
Applicants should ensure that they have read and understood the Miramichi Chamber of Commerce Criteria for Awarding Scholarships prior to completing the application form.